Industrial facilities are often fast-paced, high-hazard areas, and the cleaning crew will need to get around their maintenance tasks without interrupting day-to-day operations. Industrial cleaning is a step above the usual commercial cleaning services, and often deals with special equipment and cleaning solutions to get the job done.
What is Industrial Cleaning?
Industrial cleaning deals specifically with the maintenance of storage spaces, power plants, and manufacturing facilities. Industrial janitorial work consists of cleaning services such as asbestos removal, lead removal, and wearing of safety equipment in high-risk settings.
Industrial cleaners are often required to attend on-the-job training to ensure their safety in industrial sites. As many of these facilities handle heavy shipments and machinery, industrial cleaners must be trained to be quick on their feet, as well as cautious when dealing with potentially hazardous chemicals.
Cleaners are also required to wear appropriate safety gear when performing janitorial services, and they may be trained to operate special equipment. Needless to say, becoming an industrial janitor necessitates quick reflexes, as well as safety training.
What Are Industrial Cleaning Services?
Services offered by industrial cleaning companies are catered to industrial settings such as manufacturing plants, where facilities operate round the clock to keep production, shipments, or construction projects completed on time. Industrial cleaning services keep the production floors operating smoothly by removing hindrances in the way of business.
Unlike home cleaning or commercial cleaning, industrial cleaning requires strong chemical cleaners, disinfectants, and powerful equipment to keep these high traffic areas clean. The work is typically done by an industrial cleaning company, who would deploy trained cleaning crew to work onsite.
The general gist is that industrial cleaning deals with more complex situations compared to commercial and residential cleaning. An industrial cleaning company would need to ensure proper safety knowledge and protocols are put in place before they deploy their cleaning crew.
Different Types of Industrial Cleaning Services
Industrial cleaning services are usually tailored to the facility and its operations. Facilities that deal with corrosive or potentially dangerous chemicals have different cleaning requirements from manufacturing plants that deal with fabrics and textiles. Industrial plant cleaning services vary per industry, but common examples are as follows:
- General facility cleaning services: that include industrial vacuuming, cleaning heavy equipment, and regular janitorial services. The debris in plants are sharper, larger, and more crucial than regular, everyday debris, and these necessitate specialized equipment to clean.
- Dealing with toxic waste: draining of hazardous chemicals, removal of hazardous materials, cleaning septic tanks, etc.
- Power-washing: the exterior of the structure, floors, and loading docks. Pressure-washing, or hydro-blasting can also be used for lead and paint removal.
- Exhaust system upkeep services: including removal of clogs, ash, and smoke residue.
- Decontamination: which is usually done to facilities that handle chemicals that may be corrosive or dangerous in large amounts such as in cosmetic, pharmaceutical, and chemical facilities.
- Extensive mold removal: where mold that has overgrown old buildings are completely eradicated, and stains are treated to prevent mold from coming back.
- Asbestos removal: which is one of the most common industrial cleaning services done on older buildings where asbestos was used in the drywall, paint, and other areas of the structure.
- Pest control: as pests can be drawn to the raw materials used in manufacturing facilities, particularly food and textile manufacturing plants. Some industrial cleaning services include pest control and removal in their offerings. This service is done on a regular basis in food manufacturing factory floors.
- Disinfection: specifically dealing with the disinfection of pathogens in laboratories, machinery in food and hospital equipment manufacturing, and other factories that focus on other sensitive products that require a sterile environment to produce.
Other professional industrial cleaning services vary per facility, and the plant manager would discuss with the cleaning company the scope of the work that needs to be done. Cleaning industrial sites is highly specific, and cannot be completed by regular cleaning crews as the work may pose safety risks to untrained individuals.
Common Businesses That Require Industrial Cleaning
Any large warehouse or processing plants that operate in the industrial setting would require industrial cleaning services. Almost every industry handles part of their work in industrial facilities, which is why this type of janitorial services is an essential aspect of the production line. Common businesses that require industrial cleaning are:
- Fashion and Retail
- Cosmetics and Pharmaceuticals
- Manufacturing of Construction Supplies and Heavy Equipment
- Manufacturing of Consumer Goods
- Manufacturing of Food and Beverages
- Distribution Centers and Courier Warehouses
- Self-storage Warehouses
- and more!
Essentially, any space that deals with raw material and a vast production line would often avail of these janitorial services to keep their plants running smoothly. There are many benefits to hiring an industrial cleaner: the nature of the business may require extra caution to maintain sanitary operations, or raw materials may endanger the health and safety of workers.
Luce Industrial Janitorial Services
Luce SG isn't just for offices - we also provide cleaning and maintenance services to industrial facilities with professional expertise! Trust in our cleaning crew to keep your facilities pristine and sanitary so you can keep the production line flowing.
Let us handle the work, while you focus on your daily business operations. We can assure you of the best in industrial and commercial cleaning services in Singapore, with on-the-job training for each industrial cleaner deployed to your facility!
Contact us today, and we can discuss the scope of work needed for your factory or plant!