Steam cleaning is one of the best ways to disinfect, sanitize and refresh almost any type of fabric or surface. From different types of flooring to even the most delicate pieces of clothing, this cleaning method can remove just about any odor or stain imaginable.
So it’s no longer a surprise why steam cleaners are all the rage nowadays. Whether you’re living alone or with family members, there’s always a perfect one for all your cleaning needs. Floor steam cleaner? Check! Steam cleaner for pillows? Check! All-around steam cleaning machine? Check!
Whether you’re in the market for your first-ever steam cleaner or a replacement, you’ve come to the right place! In this guide, we’ve rounded up the top 5 best steam cleaning machines in Singapore. Not only that, we’ve also answered some of your most common questions related to the cleaning process.
Top 5 Best Steam Cleaning Machines in Singapore
1. BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop
The Bissell PowerFresh Mop is a top choice for one of the best steam cleaners in Singapore. Its powerful and highly capable machine allows it to give a quick and deep clean of almost any floor surface such as tile floors and ceramic floors, making it the perfect choice for different homeowners.
2. McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner
When it comes to powerful steam cleaning machines, the McCulloch Heavy Duty Steam Cleaner is the way to go. It’s very powerful and versatile, allowing you to carry around 48 ounces of water and use about 18 attachments for all your steam cleaning needs.
Whether you’re cleaning a velvet cloth or an exquisite piece of furniture, this machine can do the trick in an instant.
3. Karcher SC3 Steam Cleaner
The Karcher SC3 has a three-step steam flow and easy-to-set-up feature, making it a great companion to all your steam cleaning needs at home. It also has removable tanks, making for an easy clean and replacement once you’re done with your cleaning. It’s the perfect choice for doing fast clean-ups on both floor and furniture surfaces.
4. Shark Kik N Flip Steam Corded Mop
The Shark Kik n’ Flip is capable of eliminating 99.9% of common household germs and bacteria, making it a tough to beat candidate for the best steam cleaner in Singapore. It’s also equipped with a Steam Blaster Mode — a feature that releases a steamful of vapor for a more tougher cleaning action.
5. Vax Steam Fresh Combi Classic Multifunction Steam Mop
The Vax Steam Fresh Combi Classic Multifunction Steam Mop is built with 15 functions, making it a highly versatile machine for any steam cleaning task at home or the office. It also comes with a 10-piece tool kit and a detachable handheld cleaner.
When it comes to settings, it’s equipped with different modes and options — a perfect companion for different floor surfaces and furniture types.
What Are the Different Types of Steam Cleaners?
When it comes to steam cleaners, there are normally two basic machine types:
- Cool steam cleaning machine - This machine type usually functions as a handheld or upright device, capable of making steam without boiling the water.
- Dry steam cleaning machine - Similar to cool steam cleaners, this machine is normally used in a handheld or upright position. It produces steam by boiling the water inside the system. It’s also considered the most effective option by far, capable of removing a lot of stains and dirt in one go.
How Often Should You Do Steam Cleaning?
- Floors - If you’re cleaning floor surfaces, the best measure is to determine how much foot traffic it experiences on a daily, weekly or even monthly basis. If your household is home to a lot of members or receives a lot of guests on a regular basis, then it’s a good idea to clean it at least once a month. For fewer foot traffic, you can have it cleaned at least once a quarter.
- Carpets - When it comes to carpets, the rule of thumb for general cleaning is every 1-2 years. For good measure, it’s recommended to do steam cleaning at least once a year.
- Furniture - Similar with steam cleaning your carpet, furniture pieces such as sofas and couches can be cleaned at least once or twice a year.
Benefits of Steam Cleaning
- Eco-friendly and chemical-free - Since you are only using water, the presence of any chemical solution is no longer needed to give powerful cleaning.
- Deep and thorough cleaning - Steam cleaners deodorize and sanitize any type of surface, making them an ideal choice for tougher cleaning and disinfecting. Not only that, you can also clean hard-to-reach crevices and cracks with the machine.
- Save money for cleaning - With a steam cleaner, gone are the days of using multiple cleaning machines and solutions! Since the machine can pretty much do anything, you can save a lot more money by reducing your consumption of store-bought cleaning products and cleaning supplies.
- Kill tough bacteria and germs - Steam cleaners can get rid of a lot of bacteria, germs, and harmful pathogens that are living on your floors, furniture and even fabrics.
What are the Things that Normally Require Steam for Cleaning?
- Floor surfaces
- Carpets and upholstery
- Children’s toys
- Kitchen appliances
Elevate Your Home and Office Space with Luce
If you’re in need of a fast and reliable service to clean your living or working space, give us a call here at Luce! Our team of experts are here to help you with any of your cleaning needs. Contact us today for a free consultation!