Having the office from where you are working from professionally cleaned help to present the right image of your firm. It doesn't matter whether you own a small shop or a large multinational company as people form impressions very quickly. If they come into a poorly cared for an area with overflowing rubbish bins and a stale smell they may quickly decide they don't want to do business with you. If the working area isn't properly looked after and kept clean and fresh it will not inspire confidence in anyone. It automatically creates the kind of image you don't want to have.
In contrast, a beautifully kept area will show it really matters to you that everything is clean and neat. It creates an image of a well-organized and professional company. In other words, the type of organization people wants to do business with as they automatically feel safer trusting them to deliver services or products on time. Placing everything nice and hygienic will also help you get the best out of your staff. Let's face it; they are not going to be inspired to work hard in a dirty environment. It doesn't create the right atmosphere for working in.
Cleaning is such an easy thing for every person. But does everyone do it the right and best way possible? Here are some Do’s and Don’ts of office cleaning procedure:
The Desk Clutter
The first hurdles in office cleanliness are the piles of documents and papers. All these papers are always on our office shelves, desks and floors. They are usually not necessary to have all of them but we pile them up each and every day.
- Set up a system folder where you put all the important documents
- Throw unimportant papers in the wastebasket. This basket should be placed where it's accessible to everyone. If you have a large office, ensure you have bins scattered around.
- Set up labels for your items, folders or even gadgets.
- Never leave any new paper or document around the office without them being organized after.
- Do not forget to return office items to where they belong.
- Do not throw paper boxes. Instead, utilize them to keep office files organized and neat.
- Do not add unnecessary things on your desk. Ensure you just have the important things always, and at your reach.
Eating While Working
Because of the workload given to people nowadays, people tend to forget that they have pantries or areas for eating their meals. Instead they eat their food on their desk. This habit is inevitable but we present you some reminders when you consider eating on your office desk.
- Ensure you have tissues or wet wipes with you to clean up your table after eating.
- Throw all your food right away such as containers, tetra packs, bottles that may accumulate pests or spread foul odor.
- Spray some freshener after eating to keep the food odor away.
- Do not leave your food containers irresponsibly. Leaving them overnight will attract various pests.
- Do not touch your keyboards or monitors when your hands are dirty from eating snacks. Small debris from your snacks can go in between your keyboard or laptop grills which can attract ants.
The Electronic Items
If your electronic devices are filled with dust, they may at times stop working. They are your company properties and it is your duty and responsibility to maintain their cleanliness.
- Clean your electronics once a week to prevent them from accumulating dirt and dust.
- Use microfiber cloths when cleaning.
- Use cleaning sprays on office telephones.
- Regularly clean your electronics to maintain their functionality.
- Never at all costs leave your computer, printer and other devices uncovered before you leave the office.
- Do not use wet cloths when cleaning your office devices. A damp cloth will do the job.
Our Final Word
These are the basic Do's and Don'ts to be followed when you need to create a productive and healthy working environment. For those involved in busy schedules, they should consider hiring professional office cleaning services to do it best for them.